Join our Workplace Giving program
Workplace Giving is a way for employed people and their employers to give back to the community knowing that they are helping shape a better world.
What is Workplace Giving?
- Workplace Giving is a payroll contribution scheme where direct pre-tax donations from registered employees can have a positive and lasting impact on the lives of people experiencing disadvantage in our community.
- Employees choose the amount of salary they wish to donate and it will be deducted from their pay — giving them an instant tax benefit. Their taxable income is reduced immediately, without the need for donation receipts. Because donations are made pre-tax, it only costs 52 cents for every dollar given (based on a marginal tax rate of 48.5%). The Australian Taxation Office pays the balance.
- Workplace Giving offers the opportunity to make a regular positive contribution to social justice – just a small amount every pay cycle.
- Through regular contributions deducted automatically from an employee’s salary each pay period, they’ll be part of a valuable community of regular donors. Regular donations help us to plan for the future so we can do even more with every donation.
- Workplace Giving is a way for employed people to give back to the community knowing that they are helping shape a better world.
Benefits for employees
- It’s easy! The employee decides how much to give, and it’s automatically deducted with each pay cycle.
- Workplace Giving donations are deducted from pre-tax salaries, which means that the taxable income is reduced immediately – without the need for receipts.
- Championing social justice: your support will help us advocate for social change and help build a just society where all people can live to their full potential.
Benefits for employers
- Participating in Workplace Giving is a great way for companies to demonstrate their corporate social responsibility (CSR) by committing to long-term economic and social development of families and communities.
- This in turn sends positive signals to investors, shareholders, employees and customers.
- You can monitor the level of charitable giving that your company has helped to achieve.
- If you match your employee’s donation, your organisation can extend its impact and, in the process, send a strong message to your staff that you have an organisational commitment to staff interests.
Contact the Fundraising Team for further details email@example.com