Support our social enterprises and help with the day to day operations of the Ignite Op Shop in Emerton.
About the program
Jesuit Social Services works in collaboration with the Jesuit Parish of Holy Family, Emerton in Western Sydney to deliver a range of programs, including four social enterprises: the Ignite Food Store; the Ignite Opportunity Shop; Currawong Kitchen; and the Open Pantry. These social enterprises aim to enhance the lives of the local community by promoting health, wellbeing and social inclusion through:
- Supply of quality, low-cost food and clothing to the local community.
- Volunteering opportunities and pathways to participation.
- Engagement and reduced social isolation.
Skills and expectations
- Support the general operation of the Op Shop
- Opening and closing of the Op Shop according to Op Shop procedures
- Sorting all donations
- Hanging, labelling and displaying donations according to Store Manager Instructions
- Customer enquiries
- Maintaining general tidiness and cleanliness of the Op Shop
- May need to accompany the driver on pickup’s and deliveries
- Other duties as required
- Have understanding and sympathy with the mission and ethos of Jesuit Social Services
- Comply with relevant legislation including Jesuit Social Services policies and procedure
- Have valid Working with Children Check
- Successful interview, and Police Check conducted by Jesuit Social Services ( at no cost for volunteers)