Support our social enterprises and help with the day to day operations of the Ignite Food Store in Emerton.
About the Program
Jesuit Social Services works in collaboration with the Jesuit Parish of Holy Family, Emerton in Western Sydney to deliver a range of programs, including four social enterprises: the Ignite Food Store; the Ignite Opportunity Shop; Currawong Kitchen; and the Open Pantry. These social enterprises aim to enhance the lives of the local community by promoting health, wellbeing and social inclusion through:
- Supply of quality, low-cost food and clothing to the local community.
- Volunteering opportunities and pathways to participation.
- Engagement and reduced social isolation.
Skills and Expectations
- Picking up and/or unloading goods from truck and van.
- Receiving goods into the back dock (compulsory reading of WHS policy of manual handling, copy is included in the volunteer pack)
- Preparing goods for shelves as directed by the relevant Manager
- Stacking shelves and following pricing guide as set by the relevant Manager
- Maintaining general tidiness and cleanliness of the Store/Pantry
- Customer enquiries and directing new customers on how to use the Store/Pantry model
- Helping customers with shopping to their car and returning the trolleys to the Store
- May need to accompany the driver on pickup’s and deliveries
- Other duties as per the duty task list provided by the relevant Manager
- Have understanding and sympathy with the mission and ethos of Jesuit Social Services
- Comply with relevant legislation including Jesuit Social Services policies and procedure
- Have valid Working with Children Check
- Successful interview, and Police Check conducted by Jesuit Social Services ( at no cost for volunteers)