About the role
The key objectives of the role include:
- Support and resource the Western Sydney team to develop, strengthen and broaden community engagement amongst schools
- Assist Director with the administration and coordination of school engagement program.
Outline of volunteer’s responsibilities
- Comply with relevant legislation, including Jesuit Social Services policies and procedures.
- Supporting program development through feedback and continuous improvement processes.
- Conduct administrative tasks to coordinate food drives and volunteering programs at the Store, Parish and School at Emerton, Community Hub at Willmot and the Open Pantry at Blackett.
Qualifications and experience needed
- Strong communication and relational skills with young people, teachers, educational leaders and priests.
- A strong appreciation for and commitment to maintaining privacy and confidentiality.
- Ability to volunteer autonomously.
- Experience in social justice and education-related fields.
- Preferred but not essential volunteer experience in either public, independent or Catholic school contexts.
- Understanding and sympathy with the mission and ethos of Jesuit Social Services.
- Complying with relevant legislation, including Jesuit Social Services policies and procedures
- Meeting the behavioural standards outlined in our Code of Conduct.
- A valid Working with Children Check
- Successful Police Check (including International Police Check if relevant) to be conducted by Jesuit Social Services prior to commencement.