Corporate Diversity Partnerships helps companies connect with a diverse talent pool of qualified people who seek an opportunity to obtain the corporate experience and professional networks needed to launch their careers. We partner with employers to develop a customised paid internship program that creates a life changing career experience for the intern; progress toward business goals for the company; and positive social impact for the community.
How does the program help?
The Corporate Diversity Partnerships program aims to:
- develop an industry nuanced approach with each company to suit business and social impact goals.
- source talented people from diverse backgrounds, communities and cultures. Candidates are tertiary qualified in relevant fields but are lacking the work experience and professional networks necessary to launch their career.
- provide structured preparation training to give every intern the best possible start to their time with the company. This is followed up with support throughout, and at the completion of, the program.
- provide program information and support to company employees as preparation for working with an intern and to nurture a welcoming, connected and inclusive workplace culture.
The benefits for businesses and supporters
- a program framework which achieves business and social impact goals
- positive impact you see first-hand by giving someone a life changing opportunity to launch their career
- opportunity to nurture a dynamic, inclusive workplace culture with diverse ideas and innovative problem solving
- a vehicle for achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the company’s customer base.
The benefits for participants
- paid work placements to develop corporate experience in their field of expertise while developing valuable business networks
- structured preparation training and support before and during the program and advice about post-program options
How does the program work?
We provide Australians from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds with business sector experience.
Lack of local work experience often prevents qualified Australians from CALD backgrounds gaining employment.
We help participants overcome this barrier by offering paid work experience in business roles with our partner organisations.
We offer career coaching to ensure job success beyond the program and many program participants are successful in gaining employment with our partners following the conclusion of the program.
Who can participate in the program?
The Corporate Diversity Partnerships program supports professionally-qualified Australians from migrant, refugee and asylum seeker backgrounds.
The Corporate Diversity Partnerships program is run with the support of our corporate partners. Previous partners include John Holland, Yarra Valley Water and the Australian Taxation Office.
African Australian Inclusion Program
The highly successful African-Australian Inclusion Program (AAIP) was a joint initiative of Jesuit Social Services and National Australia Bank delivered in Victoria and New South Wales. The AAIP was a dynamic and highly professional program for qualified African-Australians and provided six months paid, supported work experience at National Australia Bank (NAB) and a pathway to ongoing employment in the Australian business sector.
Melbourne Water Pathway Program
Jesuit Social Services is pleased to be partnering with Melbourne Water, a statutory authority owned by the Victorian Government to deliver the Melbourne Water Pathway Program. Melbourne Water manage and protect Melbourne’s major water resources on behalf of the community. The program provides a supported employment and training experience for people who are marginalised, or at risk of marginalisation from their field of qualification.
How can I participate in the program?
Recruitment for the Corporate Diversity Partnerships program takes place across several rounds per year, matching suitable qualified individuals with roles with program partners.
If you would like to register your interest in our Corporate Diversity Partnerships so that we can keep you informed about future opportunities, please click here to enter your details.
To find out more about Corporate Diversity Partnerships please contact us: