How does the program work?
Our speakers tailor their presentations to their lived experience, and to what you and fellow audience members would like to hear about.
Common themes include resilience, courage, empathy, leadership, empowerment, social justice, diversity and cultural awareness.
And just like our speakers, every presentation is different. Some presentations involve music and poetry. All involve both a personal story and a call to action for each member of the audience to contemplate.
Our speakers can also build in optional activities, like:
- small group activities
- live music performances
- additional reading and research.
- For schools, Just Voices speakers offer empowering sessions to inspire students to develop social justice messages. All presentations for schools link to the Australian and Victorian curriculum.
For Educators, Corporate and Community Audiences
We work with universities, schools, corporate, government and communities to deliver flexible and creative sessions for:
- Reflection days/ workshops
- Assemblies/ key-note addresses
- Informal classroom or office talks
- Professional development days/ staff or parent engagement evenings
- Music performances and workshops
- Group visits to Jesuit Social Services music and art studios to hear about our work in the community, and much more…..
Our unique sessions are a powerful compliment to corporate community events, school curriculums, cultural awareness sessions or festivals.
Your positive connection and emotional wellbeing underpins all of our sessions.
Sessions are delivered in a safe, welcoming environment.
For schools, the sessions are tailored to the age level and area of study of the students involved.
Sound engineering and equipment hire
Just need sound for your event? The team at the Artful Dodgers music studio have you covered. We have sound engineers, speakers, microphones, mixers and every cable under the sun to make your event pop.
If you are looking for unique teambuilding experiences, we offer workshops on:
- Hip Hop/ Rap writing and performing
- Cultural drumming
- Silk Painting
- Art for Calm
- Experience a music studio or art studio for a day
Workshops are led by Artful Dodgers Studio’s highly experienced Community Cultural Development Artists who work with our community’s most vulnerable young people. You will hear about their extraordinary work whilst experiencing the studios for yourself.
Recording studio and art studio hire
Interested in recording a song or creating art with your team? You can hire our fully equipped music recording studio and art workspace in Melbourne’s cultural heartland of Collingwood.
Whether you book a short session or a whole day, you will be fully supported by our Community Cultural Development Artists to guide and assist you.