Jesuit Social Services welcomes the opportunity to contribute to the Productivity Commission study into the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) costs.
The NDIS is designed to provide Australians with a permanent and significant disability with the reasonable and necessary supports they need to live an ordinary life, however in its current form it is not effectively supporting some of the most vulnerable members of our community to address their needs.
In this submission you will find a range practical recommendations to improve supports for this vulnerable cohort, including our call for the NDIS to:
- Offer specialist care and holistic intensive support for people with disability and complex needs
- Have a coherent framework that addresses the particular vulnerabilities of people living with intellectual disabilities or acquired brain injury
- Offer culturally appropriate responses
- Ensure that people with disability in the justice system have access to disability support
- Develop strong and sustainable links with other mainstream services to ensure that no person with disability goes without support
- Have a flexible pricing structure to ensure that it can engage highly skilled staff to meet the complex needs of participants
Get your copy
Download our Submission to the Productivity Commission’s study into NDIS costs