Right now, we are seeking Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who are interested in career with Victoria Police to participate in the Victoria Police Diversity Recruitment Program which will help you to get ready for a policing role, prepare you for the recruitment process and support you as you hopefully start your career with Victoria Police.
Support provided to participants
- Mentoring, support and guidance to participants to succeed through each stage of the recruitment process.
- Free 15 week Course in Policing Recruitment Pathways through Victoria University to build skills including exam preparation, fitness, swimming and First Aid
- Allocation of a Victoria Police Mentor and access to guest speakers from across the Victoria Police workforce
- Coaching during Academy training and ongoing following deployment to police stations.
What are the requirements?
To apply for the next Round of the Victoria Police Aboriginal Diversity Recruitment Program you will need:
- To identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person
- To be based in metro or regional eastern Victoria
- Commitment and good character
- English communication and numeracy skills
- A clear Police Check
- To be able to pass the Victoria Police Fitness Test by the completion of the program
- To demonstrate knowledge and commitment to Victoria Police
- Communication, conflict resolution and organisation skills gained by employment in Australia
- Ability to travel to some face to face classes as per Course timetable
When do applications open?
We are now accepting applications for the Program.
If you are interested, you will go through a pre-screening process where we will check your prior history, oral communication, literacy and numeracy and your overall suitability to do the Program.
We encourage interested parties to submit their application forms online as soon as possible.
Would you like to join the Program?
For more information and to register your application to participate in the Victoria Police Diversity Recruitment Program, please complete the application form below.
For any questions, please contact our team via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for the Victoria Police Aboriginal Diversity Recruitment Program
To apply for the Victoria Police Aboriginal Diversity Recruitment Program, download and complete the documents below.
Victoria Police Voluntary Disclosure Form (Complete, scan and upload)
Preliminary Medical Condition Enquiry Form (Complete, scan and upload)
Scan the documents, complete the forms and upload them when submitting the online application form below.
For more information on this process please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions guide.