We work actively with NDIS participants, their care teams and support networks to achieve their personal goals and build capacity.
How does the program help?
We know that people with disability often face barriers to living a life of their choosing. By working closely with NDIS participants to understand their goals and how we can help, our services can support the people we work with to achieve the outcomes they want in life.
Our NDIS services include:
- Support Coordination – we support NDIS participants to understand their NDIS plans, build their ability to make choices, and reduce barriers to accessing supports, by providing Level 2 and Level 3 support coordination.
- Perry House – a Specialist Forensic Disability Accommodation service providing 24-hour support. Perry House can only accept referrals from the Victorian Government’s Department of Families, Fairness and Housing state-wide referral program.
How does the program work?
What we do
- We form positive relationships with people with disability and build capacity to make choices about the supports they need
- We strive to limit the barriers people with disability face in leading an ordinary life in their communities
- We support people experiencing concurrent issues including substance misuse, family breakdown, offending behaviour, homelessness, unemployment, trauma, poverty and social exclusion.
Why we do it
Over 45 years of working alongside people experiencing concurrent and complex issues, we’ve seen first-hand the unique and compounding barriers our participants face to living a life of their choosing. That experience informs our NDIS services, which specifically support people experiencing issues including substance misuse, family breakdown, offending behaviour, homelessness, unemployment, trauma, poverty and social exclusion to achieve the outcomes they want in life.
We look at the whole person; all the interconnected circumstances in their life – not just at their diagnosis. I work with participants to ensure they understand all services are completely voluntary, and offer range of service options to facilitate their choice and control throughout the process of their NDIS package.
Specialist Support Coordinator
Make a referral
If you would like to make or discuss a referral, please contact the Specialist Support Coordinator via email SSC@jss.org.au or phone (03) 8595 2438.