Incorporating the Bounce program
Learn how to get the best out of yourself, improve your self-awareness and confidence.
This course is designed to enhance your personal and professional skills, improve your language and literacy skills and provide tips and techniques in identifying jobs that best suit you. The course provides you with greater confidence and motivation to look for work and apply for jobs
People with a disability are encouraged to apply
What you will gain
- Improved self-awareness and understanding of the jobs that best suit you
- A personal career plan
- Understanding of what makes a competitive resume and cover letter
- Improved interview skills and techniques
- Greater self confidence in approaching employers and applying for jobs
- Access Jesuit Community College’s employer network program.
- Statement of Attainment for successful completion of units of competency listed below
Units of competency
- VU21664 Prepare for employment
- VU22358 Develop learning goals
- VU22359 Conduct a project with guidance
- VU22360 Engage with simple texts for personal purposes
- VU22361 Engage with simple texts for learning purposes
- VU22362 Engage with simple texts for employment purposes
- VU22365 Create simple texts for personal purposes
- VU22366 Create simple texts for learning purposes
- VU22367 Create simple texts for employment purposes
- VU22369 Work with simple numbers and money in familiar situations
- VU22450 Work with and interpret simple directions in familiar situations
- VU22374 Develop verbal communication skills
- BSBWHS211 Contribute to health and safety of self and others
13 units from the 16-unit qualification in 22476VIC Certificate I in General Education for Adults (Introductory) are delivered in this course
Classroom based in supportive environment. Trainers are qualified and skilled motivators and job coaches.
25 days over 7 weeks
Time: 9am– 4pm
Practical activities, case studies, written exercises
You will need to attend an information and enrolment session prior to course start date
Fees and Charges
Do I have to pay?
There is no cost to you if you are eligible for Victorian (Skills First) and Commonwealth funding. For more information on eligibility please go to Victorian government skills first funding
If you are not eligible for Victorian (Skills First) and Commonwealth funding fees will apply. Please go to Fees and charges
You may also be eligible for fee support through Jesuit Social Services Student Support Fund. For information on the Support fund please see our Student Handbook.
We encourage you to discuss your personal circumstances with one of the Jesuit Community College authorised staff
This course is a Centrelink approved activity.
This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding.