Turn your love of animals into a job!
Do you know anyone who loves working with animals?
Do you know anyone looking for a career change in the rewarding animal industry?
Our 14 week accredited course combines practical activities working with animals and excursions to develop your knowledge, skill set and confidence for entry level employment and/or further training in the animal care industry.
Location: Marist 180, 1 Dawson Street, Brunswick, 3056
Course dates: Every Thursday and Friday from Thursday September 6th to Thursday December 20th.
For more information please contact: Rachael 0418 138 092 or email: email@example.com
You will learn about:
- Handling, feeding and watering a variety of animals
- Caring for the health and well-being of animals
- Performing the tasks of an animal shelter attendant kennel or cattery hand
- Hydro bathing services
- Workplace communication and workplace health and safety
- Employer expectations and employee responsibilities and rights
Upon successful completion of this course you gain:
- A nationally accredited ACM20117 Certificate II in Animal Studies.
- Practical skills and knowledge required for working in the animal care industry
- Greater self-confidence in approaching employers and applying for jobs
- Improved employability and job readiness for ongoing employment
- A career pathway plan to employment or higher qualifications in Animal Studies, Veterinary Nursing, Companion Animal Services and Captive Animals
- The opportunity to pathway into Jesuit Community College’s employer network
Find out more