Administration Volunteers needed to support VET course delivery at various locations.
We are looking for volunteers to provide administrative support to Trainers Assessors during scheduled enrolment and post enrolment sessions at various locations in the Melbourne metro area.
About the program
Jesuit Community College, is a nationally Registered Training Organisation (TOID 21800) and Victorian Learn Local Provider. It is a key initiative of Jesuit Social Services, supporting people who face significant barriers to further learning and, or access to, employment as a result of their previous educational experience. The College engages with and supports people from a range of social and cultural backgrounds, to enter or re-enter education and training. Many of these people face multiple and complex barriers to successful participation in education, training and employment. These people include early school leavers, those who are unemployed, indigenous Australians, people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities, people with multiple and complex needs, people at risk of homelessness, and people who have been engaged in the justice system.
Volunteer’s skills and expectations
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills to be able to assist learners with enrolments
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office is essential
- Community spirited with a passion to encourage others to achieve their best
- Genuine interest in supporting people from a range of backgrounds
- Undertake in-house training to learn the process of enrolments and courses we offer to the wider community
- To attend information sessions and assist participants to complete online and or hardcopy related enrolment documents
- Assist with general administrative and other non-teaching duties relevant to student enrolments
- Work as part of the team to complete all tasks on the day
- Demonstrate patience and empathy when assisting participants from diverse backgrounds during the enrolment process
- Have understanding and sympathy with the mission and ethos of Jesuit Social Services
- Comply with relevant legislation including Jesuit Social Services policies and procedure
- Have valid Working with Children Check
- Successful interview, referee check, and Police Check conducted by Jesuit Social Services ( at no cost for volunteers)