About the role
The Back on Track program is an exciting new initiative that will support children and young people between the ages of 8-17 who may be at risk of intersecting with the Youth Justice system.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing short term, intensive assertive outreach support and case management to a small caseload of children and young people engaged in the program
- Provide support to ensure goals developed during the conference process are achieved
- Organise and facilitate individual or group activities with young people and their families at The Shed or in the community
- Encourage stakeholders to participate in organised activities with the young people and their families either at the Shed or in the community
- Provide supervision and mentoring support and guidance to staff and Aboriginal youth mentors delivering the program
- Work with other providers to ensure continuity of care for children and young people engaged with the program and to ensure seamless transition for participants between the program elements.
Competitive remuneration, plus salary packaging benefit, is offered together with ongoing professional and career development as well as opportunities for personal growth.