This submission focuses on how to best support the most disadvantaged people in our community to find safe and secure homes.
It was made to the Senate Economics References Committee’s Inquiry into Affordable Housing.
In the submission, Jesuit Social Services makes four recommendations:
- Develop a National Housing Strategy that covers all aspects of policy relevant to the housing system.
- Review the resources and support provided through federal and state social services systems to people with complex needs and housing issues.
- Invest in a new stream of resources to provide intensive housing and support packages that people with complex needs and challenging behaviours need.
- Make these resources available for new programs that work with people with complex needs and challenging behaviours.
Get your copy
- Download our Submission to the Senate Economics References Committee Inquiry into Affordable Housing