This submission endorses the Truth, Justice and Healing Council‘s response to Issues Paper 4: Preventing Sexual Abuse of Children in Out-of-Home Care.
The issues paper is published by the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.
Our submission calls for the Council to include further information in their response, including:
- Greater attention to strategies and supports for children who have been sexually abused prior to entering out of home care
- Drawing upon relevant material and recommendations included in responses to previous Issues Papers (Working With Children and Child Safe Institutions)
- Greater incorporation of the child ‘voice’ which is absent from the submission, including a process to consult with children or young people in out-of-home care, including previous clients
- Training of auditors and community visitors in indicators of sexual abuse.
- Contemporary thinking about best means to educate children in protective behaviours.
Get your copy
- Download our Submission to the ‘Preventing Sexual Abuse of Children in Out-of-Home Care’ issues paper