Turn your love of animals into a job!
Do you know anyone who loves working with animals?
Do you know anyone looking for a career change in the rewarding animal industry?
Our 14 week accredited course combines practical activities working with animals and excursions to develop your knowledge, skill set and confidence for entry level employment and/or further training in the animal care industry.
- Location: Brosnan Centre, 10 Dawson Street, Brunswick, 3056
- Dates: Every Thursday and Friday from September 12 to December 20
- Time: 9am – 4pm
For more information please contact: Rachael 0418 138 092 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This training is funded by the Federal and Victorian State Governments for eligible participants. TOID: 21800
You will learn about:
- Handling, feed and water a variety of animals
- Caring for the health and well-being of animals
- Performing the tasks of an animal shelter attendant kennel or cattery hand
- Workplace communication and workplace health and safety
- Employer expectations and employee responsibilities and rights
Upon successful completion of this course you gain:
- A nationally accredited ACM20117 Certificate II in Animal Studies.
- Practical skills and knowledge required for working in the animal care industry
- A career pathway plan to employment or higher qualifications in Animal Studies, Veterinary Nursing, Companion Animal Services and Captive Animals
- The opportunity to pathway into Jesuit Community College’s employer network
In order to be eligible for Skills First, Victorian Government funded education, you must be either:
- an Australian citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident (holder of a permanent visa)
- a New Zealand citizen (holder of a current New Zealand passport)
- an Asylum Seeker holder of a current VISA Class E (BVE), Safe Haven Enterprise Visa (SHEV) or Temporary Protection Visa (TPV) (as verified via the Commonwealth Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) with study rights)
- not enrolled in secondary school, including: House Schooling, VCE and VCAL delivered at TAFE and other RTOs
- not enrolled in the Commonwealth Government’s Skills for Education and Employment program
- not have completed an Australian qualification at Certificate II level or above (students under 20 are exempt from this rule)
Please note: If under 17 years of age and disengaged from school, participants will need to obtain an official Transition from School Form for us to sight.
Click HERE to download the flyer
Click HERE for course information